CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our Big Expense!!


Well would you think that this little Cuddle Monster could rack up the vet bills! Oh yeah he can. So tonight we took Boomer to the vets because his feet were really irritated and raw. His neck and ears where bad also. So they did this this test to see if he had mange (sp?) that is were it is a mite under their skin. But thank goodness it came back negative. So the results of our visit to the vet was that he has a allergy and it starts off mild and then gets worse (an infectious stage). Yes Boomer's was at that stage. That Sucked!!!
So now he is one 3 antibiotics, one for the itching, inflammation, and I think just a antibiotic so the infection goes away. Also he has to have a medicated bath 2 times a week, and clean his ears 2 times a week until he gets better. At least he wasn't the only one with this problem, he was the 4th dog to come in today with the same thing. Oh you want to hear the worse part about the visit? Well Boomer decided he was going to be a brat and growl at the assistant, but he was fine with the other ladies there. So they put a muzzle on him! I was NOT HAPPY! I knew that he wouldn't do anything but Calvin said they have to be safe. So after everything scrapping his skin, and 2 shots we took the muzzle off and he was fine, kissing the doctor and being all nice. I think he was just nervous he never has been anywhere else besides the Mill-pond. Well what am I going to do he's to cute. I just have to babysit more on the side to take care of Boomer's new prescription food and his allergies. But we love him!

8 comments:

Brianna said...

It is great to see how much you love boomer, the patience and everything, I think we will send Bailey down there for a month or so she can get extra love, not to mention quality time with boomer. We feel your pain with pet expenses, thankfully Bailey seems to be getting better but I don't know what goes through her head sometimes.

--Mike

Brook said...

That bites! Give him kisses from Aunt B and the kids. We love him.

Brianna said...

Awww...poor boomer.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't access Brook's blog...could you please have her change her settings so I can post on her blog...she posted on mine and I can't on her's, not sure why...thanks...
how's boomer doing? hopefully the meds are kicking in...and he's feeling somewhat better! Poor doggie...:( Uno say's woof woof to boomer!:)

Brianna said...

Anyone can comment on my blog, you don't have to be invited.
-Bri

Darlene and Jon said...

OHHHHH Boomer we are so sorry you feel Bad. But what a cute picture. WE love you and miss you Nana & Papa send there love.XXXOOOO

Anonymous said...

Hey I got her added, thanks...but can I have Darenes email, so I can add her...of course you should ask her first if she don't mind. Thanks...y doesn't brook have a blog? Tell her she needs to get one so we can post on her blog...:) I can't get into your mom's blog. I don't think she's added me to her's, I think the blog I posted on was your family's blog...oops...I didn't realize it till after I posted it...Oh well...hope they didn't mind...Tell your mom I still can't post on hers...thanks...
How's boomer doing? Miss you guys. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

I wish you were here too...I told your mom I'll have to bring her some fresh vegies this summer!:) Yeah i'm glad dad's doing better. He is alowed to drive short distances now, and is hoping the doc will release him to drive a little further so he can drive up here soon. I think he misses the boys:) We are planning a b-day party for Kyler at Ryan's mom's camper in the town where we used to live in Ohio before we moved to MI. It's at a small camp ground, but has a lake and trails. It's kind of fun for the kids. They have a nice camper there and a big sreened in porch on it with a fire pit out back and lots of things for kids to play with. They even have a go cart to drive around which they think is a lot of fun. Peyton tried to take off with it once when he was just 2 or 3 yrs old, and some young kid saw him and took off after him to save him from getting hurt or running into something...:) It was kind of funny...
Well it's a down pour here right now. The kids were going to swim outback today in their new rectangle pool, but guess they won't be now. So after Carson gets up later we might run to Chelsea to the Pamidia store. I need to buy some more cotten yarn to finish these baby wash cloths i'm knitting for my sister in laws baby shower gift.
Talk to you soon...Miss ya...:(
Jenn~